Hatha + Vinyasa 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Learn correct and safe methods of practising asana, pranayama, kriya (cleansing techniques) and meditation.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- Understand the evolution of yoga by reading different ancient yogic texts such as The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita. Gain insight on the implications of Yama, Niyama and Karma in daily life.
Western Anatomy and Physiology
- Identify the parts of the human anatomy and develop a deep understanding of how we use the body in yoga practices. Understand the benefits of asana and pranayama practice on the nervous system and endocrine system. Give postural modifications for different physical conditions.
Eastern Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn the components and importance of the energetic body. Briefly discuss the link between chakras and the personality of a person.
- Learn how to demonstrate in class and give verbal cues with ease and confidence. Design different types of yoga classes based on themes and student requirements. Learn how to safely adjust students in different postures. Present adaptive methods for people with limitations.
Teaching Yoga as a Lifetime Career
- Find a purpose for your yoga practice and define a suitable path for your journey. Identify rewards and anticipate consequences of being a yoga teacher. Develop fundamental entrepreneurial skills to make your yoga career sustainable.
- Experience creating and leading your own class as a yoga teacher. Offer Seva (service) to those who have no access to yoga classes otherwise. Observe peers as they teach. Give and receive constructive feedback.
Optional Post-training Internship
As a graduate of Bodhi Yoga Center’s 200-Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program, you may be given the chance to continue learning with Bodhi Yoga Center as an Intern Yoga Teacher. Intern yoga teachers will continuously be mentored by resident yoga teachers. This post-training internship is the perfect opportunity to find your voice as a teacher, and to actually experience life as a yoga teacher.