Short Yoga Course: 7-Day Yoga Essentials
The Essentials of Yoga in a Week-long Nutshell
7-Day Yoga Essentials
Are you somebody who wishes to delve deeper into the essentials of yoga but not necessarily for teaching others?
Teacher Trainings can be time-consuming and expensive. More often than not, students are interested to learn the essential foundations, not necessarily to teach others, but to apply these principles to their own practice. We designed this program to cater especially those who are interested to establish their yogic foundations and principles.
Do you feel lost in yoga class when your teacher asks you to “engage your mula bandha” and “feel all your chakras light up along the spine”?
During this training, we will be unlocking the terminologies you hear in a yoga class which may have been alien to you. We will learn the names of yoga poses in English as well as in Sanskrit. We will familiarize ourselves with the parts of our body in both anatomical and yogic terms.
Do you know the lineage of the practice?
In the study of Yoga Philosophy, we will learn about the history of yoga and how it evolved to be the modern yoga we know today. We will brush up on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and apply its principles to modern life. We will also be learning about the vital life force and how our lifestyle affects the delicate balance of health and disease.
With students coming from all over the world, our school offers on-site accommodations for those who need them. Students have the option to book private rooms or shared ones as required. Our main studio and student quarters are housed in the same building in the center of General Santos City.
Daily Vegetarian Meals
We arrange three daily healthful, vegetarian meals for our students, optimized for physical and spiritual benefits. Special dietary restrictions shall be catered to upon request.
In this 7-day workshop, the Yoga Anatomy module includes in-depth discussion of kinesiology and physiology to guide our students how to prepare sequences that honor the body’s natural range of motion and healthy biological function.
With respect to ancient Indian origins, our discussion of Yoga Philosophy traces the roots of what we know today as modern Yoga. Develop a deeper appreciation for centuries of esoteric wisdom passed on by various sages who propounded the discipline of yoga.
Weekend Trip to Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
The last day is for experiencing the culture and landscapes of South Central Mindanao. We’ll embark on a short cruise in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato, feel the adrenaline rush as we experience the tallest zipline in Southeast Asia, experience their cuisine and learn how the T’boli people intricately weave their T’nalak fabric.
Day 0: Sunday – Arrival and Welcome Dinner
Day 1: Monday
- Morning Practice – Breath Awareness, Yogic Breathing and Subtle Exercises
- Yoga Philosophy – A Brief History of Yoga; The Different Subsets of Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy – Lessons from the Human Cell; The Physiology of Breathing; Activating the Body’s Energetic Locks
- Afternoon Practice – An Attitude of Gratitude: A Heart Opening Sequence
Day 2: Tuesday
- Morning Practice – Victorious Breath; Alternate Nostril Breathing; The Root Lock; Classical Sun Salutations
- Yoga Philosophy – The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy – Yoga and the Spine
- Afternoon Practice – Letting Go and Creating Space: A Hip Opening Sequence
Day 3: Wednesday
- Morning Practice – Seeing, Feeling and Being in the Present Moment; The Abdominal and Throat Locks; The Cooling Breaths; Sun Salutations in the Ashtanga Tradition
- Yoga Philosophy – The Vital Life Force and Its Different Forms
- Yoga Anatomy – The Muskuloskeletal System: Understanding the Bones, Joints, Ligaments and Muscles
- Afternoon Practice – Realizing Inner Strength: A Core Strengthening Sequence
Day 4: Thursday
- Morning Practice – Bellows Breathing; Frontal Lobe Cleansing Breath
- Yoga Philosophy – The Seven Chakras
- Yoga Anatomy – Understanding Body Movement
- Afternoon Practice – Coming Back to the Self: A Detoxifying Sequence
Day 5: Friday
- Morning Practice – Silent Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy – The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy – The Biomechanics of Stretching
- Afternoon Practice – Coming Back to the Self: A Sequence on Self-Care
Day 6: Saturday
- Day Trip to Lake Sebu, South Cotabato to see the lake, Seven Falls Zipline, and Land of the Dreamweavers Weaving Center
Day 7: Sunday – Departure
Location and Accommodations
Bodhi Yoga Center, G/F Eleona Pension House, Ramos Street, Dadiangas East, General Santos City
Bodhi Yoga Center offers yoga training courses in laid-back General Santos City, Philippines. To ensure efficiency and quality of study, the main studio and student quarters are housed under one roof. Our homebase is located at the city center, making it accessible to commercial and recreational centers. Students rest and reset every weekend, where they are treated to experience the culture and landscapes of South Cotabato.
Private accommodation is included in this course. You will have a simple bedroom with a double-sized bed, air-conditioning, and attached bathroom.
- Twice daily yoga practice
- Daily Yoga Philosophy Lecture
- Daily Yoga Anatomy Lecture
- 7 nights accommodation
- Daily vegetarian meals
- Day-trip to Lake Sebu on Day 6
- One-way Airport-to-Bodhi Shuttle Service
What’s not included
Availability for 2019
- June 2-9, 2019
- July 7-14, 2019
- August 4-11, 2019
- September 1-8, 2019
- October 6-13, 2019
- November 3-10, 2019
- December 1-8, 2019